Activities at Sodwana Bay July 16th, 2021
Activities at Sodwana Bay
- All recreational anglers and SCUBA divers are required to be in possession of a licence. These can be obtained from your local Post Office or from the Mbazwana Post Office. Licenses are no longer sold from Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife offices.
- If you enjoy the sea, the variety of activities available will suit your needs. The diversity of fish and invertebrates on Africa’s southernmost coral reefs attract many scuba divers and there are excellent snorkelling spots along this coast. Bookings can be made through one of the approved concessionaires.
- Within the marine reserve, ski boaters and shore anglers have the opportunity to catch a number of different game fish species. Only game fish may be caught in the Marine Reserves.
- Deep-sea fishing charters can be booked with one of the iSimangaliso Wetland Park Authority approved fishing charters. Loggerhead and leatherback turtles come out of the sea at night to nest on the beaches.
- Turtle tours are available from November to January. Advance bookings should be done with respective concessionaires. There is one self-guided trail - Mgobozeleni Trail (± 5 km).
Information Courtesy Of www.kznwildlife.com/Sodwana.html